- Have an account in opscode.com.
To create an account signup in https://manage.opscode.com/.
- Save your user key and validation key.
- Setup a workstation for your account.
- Create a Virtual Machine using knife-computenext plugin.
To know how to launch a Virtual Machine using knife-computenext plugin, click here.
HOW TO SETUP A WORKSTATION?
To setup a workstation, refer http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Workstation+Setup and then follow these steps before bootstrapping the Virtual Machine.
- Rename the validation key as “validation.pem” and copy it to /etc/chef/
- Set the validation_key file location to “/etc/chef/validation.pem” in the knife config file.
- Create “client.rb” in /etc/chef as follows
- log_level :info
- log_location STDOUT
- chef_server_url https://api.opscode.com/organizations/org-name (Note : Specify URL with in quotes)
- validation_client_name “organization-name-validator”
- Upload necessary cookbooks to hosted chef.(For wordpress you need mysql,apache2,php,build-essential as dependency cookbooks)
BOOTSTRAPPING VIRTUALMACHINE WITH WORDPRESS
$ knife bootstrap IP_ADDRESS –x username –P password –N “New node name” -r ‘recipe[wordpress]’ –sudo
After successful completion of bootstrapping, you can navigate to ‘http://ipaddress/wp-admin/install.php‘ to complete wordpress installation.